The Sewing Business Advantages and Disadvantages Of A Sewing Business
As part of determining whether a sewing business is for you, considering sewing business advantages and disadvantages can help to make the decision.
So, just what are some of the advantages and disadvantages of a sewing business?
• Flexible work schedule
• Integration of family and work life
• Less involvement with others in a regular work environment
• Eligibility of a partial write-off of housing costs, utilities and maintenance costs
• Less or no commuting time, saving on gas costs
• Self determination
• Financial risk
• Loss of home space used by the family
• Less opportunity to delegate tasks to others unless there are employees
• Legal requirements
• Isolation issues when working at home
For further discussion on the advantages and disadvantages of a home sewing business, there are some useful guidelines in the article Sewing as a Business: A Guide for Home-Based Sewing Professionals.
This article on sewing business advantages and disadvantages can be found at hubpages.com